This past July, I loved walking around Manhattan late at night, buying a chili dog from a street vendor, hitting a comedy club, talking to taxi drivers, people-watching on busy corners, browsing the paperbacks at an all-night Duane Reade, and exploring Grand Central Station, watching the trains, talking to some of the cops and national guards on duty. And, every once in a while, I'd look up and be struck by the sheer grandeur of the greatest city in the world.
- Name: Richard Cooper
- Location: San Diego, CA, United States
- ~ If I was New York City, I'd never sleep, either
- ~ We are the poor people
- ~ On the Road is on the road: Jack Kerouac's $2.4M s...
- ~ Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007
- ~ If you don't mind, I'd like to interrupt the hedon...
- ~ Fat Tuesday: Mardi Gras
- ~ Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Santa Fe, NM
- ~ Notes from the belly of the great snow beast on th...
- ~ Happy Boxing Day, whatever
- ~ Season's Greetings
Kicks by label
Opinions expressed within these pages do not necessarily represent the opinions of any other person, party, or organization.